Looking for affordable ways to keep the kids entertained this summer? How about Free fun?
You can actually take in something free every week of the summer. Here are a variety of activities that are sure to please all ages, and your pocketbook as well!
Always free, always fun!
Pack a picnic and stay the whole day.
- Large interactive play area
- Free splash pad
- Lifeguards on duty at beach
- Paved trails for walking, running, biking and roller blading.
A great place to spend the day. Pack your lunch and enjoy the outdoors.
- Large play area with kid's zip line
- picnic area, shady trees
- walking trails, suitable for kids and pets
- nature walks
- bring a frisbee or football
- Arboretum which features beautiful foliage and makes a great spot for picture taking.
About 45 min from Barrie, Wasaga Beach is Free to use.
14 km long sandy beach, there are 5 different areas to park and use.
- Beach 1-2 are popular with tourists and younger crowds. There are restaurants, bars and shopping located in this area, picnic shelters.
- Beach 3 are best for picnics. There are shaded areas with picnic tables. Check to see if you can bring a BBQ. Beach 3 is the only beach for dogs. If you are bringing your pet, you must use beach 3.
- Beach 4 is suitable for young children as it has a playground. There are also bike trails in this area as well.
- Beach 5-6 are popular with regular cottage owners, as well as full-time cottage dwellers.
- Each beach has a public restroom and area for parking.
Free admission. One of Canada's largest Military Museums which features WWI, WWII and post war armored vehicles, trucks and aircrafts.
Open Tues-Friday 9-3
Free for kids under 18 do not require a license.
Bring your own equipment.
6. Weekend Festivals
To check out the monthly festivities go to: The City of Barrie Events
Do you have any Free family fun ideas you'd like to share? Feel free to comment, we welcome your feedback.
If you know someone who would enjoy this blog, please forward or post on social media.