Feng Shui is certainly not a new technique, but it's only been practiced in North America since the 1980's.
Feng Shui is the Chinese word for "wind-water" and it is the ancient art of harmonizing energies throughout your home, or office to enable a positive flow of energy or "chi" through furniture placement and design techniques.
Feng Shui is a complex method of decorating that claim to bring prosperity, luck, and love to your home. There is much to learn about Feng Shui as a home owner.
Just for fun; here is a quick tutorial on creating a Feng Shui space at home:
- De-Clutter - First and foremost you start by decluttering your home and ridding yourself of unwanted items.
- Air & Light - Open windows and have air flowing throughout your home. Open curtains and blinds to let in natural light. Plants improve the quality of your air, so house plants are a Feng Shui must
- Ensure your home has the 5 feng shui elements throughout: wood, fire, earth, metal, and water
- Feng Shui methods are said to bring lucky energy to your home as well by placing furniture in "Lucky Directions."
- Energy: be aware of the energy in these three areas of your home- bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. These areas are affiliated with your healthy energy. To check the energy flow of a room, you can imagine water flowing like a river from the door throughout the room. Would it be blocked by furniture or would it flow naturally?
If you are interested in taking Feng Shui to the next level and learning proper placement techniques, here are some good resources.
Feng Shui For Dummies
Also a Feng Shui Consultant can be hired to do the work for you.
I would love to hear your comments and experiences with Feng Shui.
Feel free to share this blog with family, friends or on social media.