This recipe is must make, after years of searching for a chocolate chip cookie that would stand out from all others I found it! The addition of orange and cinnamon are tasty additions! Let me know if you "Like!"
Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chips and walnuts. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness.
- Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter, or any shape you want.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: About 3 dozen.