A yearly Garage Sale can be a great way to de-clutter your home. Whether you are preparing to move, or just want to clear away the clutter - A garage sale can be either successful or a bust.
Here are some tips to ensure you have a Successful Garage Sale in Barrie this year!
- The first step is going through your home, closets, storage areas and decide which items you wish to sell. Your items should be in good working condition. Test out any electronic devices, and ensure you items are safe to sell ie: cribs, car seats etc.
- Ensure your items are clean. No one wants a dirty, dusty item.
- Price your items fairly. Keep in mind most buyers will offer less. Know what your bottom line for selling will be.
- Choose a date for your sale. Best days are Saturdays. Check the weather forecast, and avoid scheduling during a holiday or event.
- Consider having other neighbours join. The bigger the sale, the more people it will draw!
- Advertise. There are great ways to advertise for free. Kijiji, community boards, Facebook Events, school and church bulletin boards etc.
- Put your signs up a few days before the sale. Make sure your signs are large, bright and easy to read from drivers by. The dollar store usually has a garage sale signage section. Place signs on a busy street corner, neighbourhood mailboxes, but be sure to remove your signs after the event. The City of Barrie does charge a fine if you do not.
- Ensure you have enough tables to display your goods.
- Offer deals like 2 for 1, Buy one Get one.
- Start early! People start garage sale hunting at 7AM. If you start to late you might miss out.
Set your garage sale apart from the others. Have shopping bags available to shoppers.
Sell coffee and cookies.
Display colourful eye-catching balloons
And lastly, know your city's bylaws before you begin. Here are a few helpful websites to get you started.
Think someone else might benefit from this Real Estate Blog, feel free to share on your social media or with friends and family. Your comments and feedback are always welcome.
Good luck with your sale!