Just out of curiosity; do you know the difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR®? If you have answered “no” do not feel bad, you are among the many that did not understand there was a difference!
"REALTOR®" and "real estate agent" are not interchangeable, although some real estate agents might like them to be. The term REALTOR® is a registered certification mark that identifies the quality of services rendered by licensed real estate agents who are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). All real estate agents are not REALTORS®, but all REALTOR® members are real estate agents. REALTOR® members are committed to a strict code of ethics known as the REALTOR® Code, and are the only ones who have the right to list your property on the MLS® Systems of their local real estate boards. To correctly be referred to as a REALTOR®, a real estate agent must be a member of CREA. (Which I am ofcourse ;))
I have listed below “some” of the many advantages of hiring a REALTOR® just to give you a better understanding of how REALTORS®,work.
- Your REALTOR® is a trained professional. REALTORS® take extensive pre-licensing courses in order to obtain credentials for practicing in real estate.
- Your REALTOR® is continuously trained. REALTORS® keep pace with the times by taking continuing education courses to upgrade their knowledge on a broad range of real estate related issues in order to be able to continue to provide consumers with current advice.
- Your REALTOR® does everything by the book. A REALTOR® must be registered under provincial laws that govern exactly how real estate can and cannot be traded. These regulations are your legal guarantee of professional behavior.
- Your REALTOR® is an ethical businessperson. REALTORS® must adhere to the extensive Code of Ethics of the Canadian Real Estate Association. Several provinces have additional codes of ethics governing real estate professionals. Your interests must always be put first.
- Opportunity for recourse. Should you have concerns about the professional behavior of a REALTOR®, provincial regulators and your local real estate board or association take these matters very seriously and work quickly to resolve any issues.
- Your REALTOR® has access to a local Board's MLS® System. A Board's MLS® system is the single most powerful tool for buying and selling a home. Your REALTOR® can provide you with exclusive features of the Board's MLS® System, such as immediate notification when new properties are listed. You don't have to wait for it to be posted on a web site.
When you enlist the help of an expert REALTOR®, you're not just gaining support to buy or sell a house – you're gaining an ally who'll help you make the most out of your home. REALTORS® can guide you through every step of the process, explain the current market, help navigate complex paperwork and offer invaluable advice. When you're ready to make a move, get a REALTOR®.
If you are looking for a Realtor® that understands that success and achievement are the by-products of hard work and professional relationships, I would consider myself privileged to assist you with all your real estate needs.
connect with people - create solutions - inspire results - live the promise