Enjoy the summer safely...
Courtesy of the Canadian Red Cross, here are some simple and common sense guidelines to stay safe all summer long.
- Take a Red Cross swimming program. This also includes life saving emergency skills.
- Know First Aid & CPR
- Always supervise your children. Turning your head for a few seconds is often all it takes for a small child to disappear under water. This includes bath tubs as well. If you have to leave the area for any reason, bring your child with you.
- Enforce life jackets for non swimmers.
- Non swimming adults should choose pools and beaches with a qualified Lifeguard.
- Empty small pools after use.
- Don't rely on older children to monitor younger children.
- Avoid diving in shallow areas or bodies of water with unknown depths.
- Even seasoned swimmers, and adults can drown. Don't underestimate powerful currents.
For more information on water safety here are some helpful links:
Have fun this summer, and stay SAFE! Send your comments or forward this Barrie Blog to your friends and family.