You can't see, smell it, or touch it. According to Health Canada, Radon is a naturally-occurring radioactive gas, produced by the breakdown of uranium in soil, rocks and water. It is present in all homes across Canada but at different concentrations.
If your home has Radon and left untreated, it can cause serious health risks, such as lung cancer, and death.
What can you do? Order a Radon test kit. You can buy them at your local Home Depot or Home Hardware stores, or click here for a list of distributers of the kit.
When buying a kit, ensure it is a 3 month long-term test. The kit should include shipping for analysis.
For more information, visit the Health Canada website.
Please share this blog with friends and family.