Melt snow melt!!! With the weather slowly starting to change and with the temperature heating up, so is the spring market! If you are thinking of selling this spring, how will buyers pick your home, out of the crowd?
While home improvement projects may be the last thing homeowners want to do during the frosty winter months, most real estate professionals advise homeowners to get these things out of the way prior to the start of spring, in order to be well-prepared to enter the market.
SecuritySystemReviews.com, a home security system review site, has put together a list of tips for homeowners to tackle this winter.
1. De-cluttering is one of the easiest, least expensive and most important things to do before putting a home for sale. Buyers are extremely turned off by clutter—it makes a space look smaller, and it’s difficult to see the actual home. Take the dull winter months as an opportunity to de-clutter and organize a home and it will have a big impact on buyers.
2. Clean and repair flooring. Whether it’s having the carpet professionally cleaned, or repairing damaged hardwoods, this is important and will change how buyers see a home. It’s an inexpensive fix that goes a long way in impressing buyers and improving the value of a home.
3. Deodorize the home. Cleaning the carpets will help, but take any necessary steps to ensure that a home smells fresh and clean—odors like those from pets or foods are a turn-off to buyers and can instantly have them heading for the door.
4. The high-end buyer is in full force right now, so make changes that give a home a more luxurious feel. Other high-end changes could include adding a glass tile backsplash to the kitchen, or a stone shower surround. Seller will enjoy a significant return on investment by taking on these small improvement projects.
5. Have a licensed property inspector do a thorough check of a home. Any signs of damage or disrepair can mean a buyer goes elsewhere, or has leverage to negotiate a lower price on a home. Be proactive in fixing potential problems.
Looking at the MLS, searching for Oakville Real Estate, Burlington Real Estate or beyond, I can help!
Please contact me @
Follow me on these sites: