When a homeowner asks me, "What can I do to sell my home faster?"
I tell them:
- Price it right.
- Keep it clean and tidy up.
- Reduce the number of personal items sitting around.
- Get rid of things you don't need. That might mean renting a storage container.
- Keep the yard clean and well landscaped.
- Shovel snow from driveway and sidewalks.
- Don't take low offers personally.
- Be ready to counter-offer.
- Consider staging.
- Make it easy to show.
- Leave during showings (everybody, including pets).
- Make necessary repairs before listing.
- Don't perfume the air. Instead, air out the house and get rid of odor creating sources (such as overdue for a cleaning litter boxes, unwashed sports clothes, etc.).
- Hire an agent you are willing to trust.
Selling a house is a lot easier when you remove all of the obstacles. A homeowner should not blame an agent who has done a good job marketing a property that is not ready to be sold.
When you're ready to list your property, be sure to cover all the bases that you can, and then trust your real estate professional to get the job done. ______________________________________________________
If you have any Real Estate questions:
Please contact me @
905.845.9180 - Office
905.407.7381 - Direct
CENTURY 21 Miller Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage, Independently Owned and Operated
Cell: 905.407.7381 | Office: 905.845.9180 | Fax: 905.845.7674
Follow me on these sites: