I know, I know - we all hate to hear that summer is almost over. I tend to judge the passing of the summer into fall by the height of the corn fields and right now they are not only high but most of them have tassels. Next thing you know there will be a hint of colour on the trees and kids will be anxious to get back to school and see what all their friends did this summer.
This also means the fall housing market will soon be upon us so if you are thinking of Selling in the fall just remember it's not that far away. People who start looking in the fall want to be in before the snow flies or at least by Christmas, as these days we can't always count on when the snow will get here.
So here are things you need to be doing in order to get that house ready. Just think though ... At least the warm weather is on your side.
Selling Your Home The Right Way
- Make the Yard Memorable – The first thing potential buyers are going to see when they pull up to your home is the yard, so make it memorable. Take the time to ensure the grass is neatly trimmed, paths to the front door are easily seen, and invest time in creating colorful scenes with flowers and greenery. This will not only ensure your home stands out when a potential buyer visits, but will also make the home look beautiful when its picture is placed on a real estate website.
- Declutter and Depersonalize - It is your house you are selling not your home and you want people to be able to picture their furniture in the space. Pack up your personal things and get rid of what you don't want - have a garage sale, give it away, call an auctioneer whatever it takes.
- Fix It - Make sure all those little things you've been meaning to do get done. The trim on the door, the loose tread on the stairs. Walk through your house as if you're seeing it for the first time and note all those things that you've gotten used to seeing.
- Invest in Home Cleaning – While you may be an above average housekeeper, this is no time to take chances. Hire a professional to make sure your home is sparkling clean from top to bottom, so the great first impression you make with your yard continues into the home. Remember to take a good look at the entrance door and clear those cobwebs. The other thing a lot of people forget is the windows! Make them sparkle.
- Paint it - Even the best cleaner can't do what a fresh coat of paint can do and if you're not good at it get someone who is the only thing worse than no paint job is a poor paint job.
- Stage It - These days, more and more sellers are turning to staging when they want to sell their home. Why? Staging involves placing the right décor, furniture, and accessories in the home to create a unique look. This look allows homebuyers to see what the house might look like once they move in, and shows them how beautiful it can be.
If you're not sure what needs doing and where to invest your time and money in order to get the best value for your house Call Me I would be happy to guide you through this process. Brenda MacDonald-Rowe 613.913.9915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.