It is very hard to think of the Real Estate Spring maket at the beginning of February in Ottawa. Here we are in the middle of a snow storm and it is cold and likely to stay cold till some time late in March. However, the buying cycle has started. There are buyers looking right now for homes to move in March and April. There are many buyers who enter into an agreement in February and don't actually move till June.
Potential buyers eagerly jump on new homes on the market and I have found from experience that the activity during the first two weeks a home is on the market tends to predict how long it will take to sell..
Here are some “staging” tips you might find helpful once your home is for sale:
* Keep your home in “show shape.” Make that beds are made, dishes are in the dishwasher or put away, everything is picked up, and the kitchen and bathrooms sparkle.
* Decorate with fresh flowers. Many home sellers use potted flowering plants that last much longer than cut flowers. Place them inside and out. They really add cheer!
* Turn on lights; replace all burned-out bulbs. Open blinds and draperies. Let the natural light in.
* Confine pets and keep them out of sight when possible. They can be distracting, and some people have allergies.
* Create a relaxed atmosphere with soft background music.