Have You Been Pre-Approved?
Get a Mortgage Pre-Approval before you start shopping.
Many realtors will ask if you’ve been approved. A lender will look at your finances and figure the amount of mortgage you can afford. Then the lender will give you a written confirmation, or certificate, for a fixed interest rate. This confirmation will be good for a specific period of time. A pre-approved mortgage is not a guarantee of being approved for the mortgage loan.
Even if you haven’t found the home you want to buy, having a pre-approved mortgage amount will help keep a good price range in mind.
Bring these with you the first time you meet with a lender:
- Your personal information, including identification such as your driver's license
- Details on your job, including confirmation of salary in the form of a letter from your employer
- All your sources of income
- Information and details on all bank accounts, loans and other debts
- Proof of financial assets
- Source and amount of down payment and deposit
- Proof of source of funds to cover the closing costs (these are usually between 1.5% and 4% of the purchase price)
- Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation
CENTURY 21 Infinity Realty Inc., Brokerage*
798 Simcoe St N, Oshawa, ON L1G 4V8