Thanks to the burst of construction, 2012 it is likely going to be another record year for building permits in Regina. There were 181 housing units (134 single-detached and 47 multi-family) started in June, compared to 113 in June 2011. Total starts for the first half of 2012 in Regina were 1,425 which is more than double the 700 starts in the first six months of 2011.
This is what's happened in the past six months in other cities:
- Saskatoon area starts totalled 1,555 compared to 1,496 in 2011
- Prince Albert had 138 starts, up from the 61 last year
- Lloydminster had 117 starts, up from 44 last year
- Yorkton had an increase of 57 starts while Melville was close with an increase of 54 starts over 2011
- Three cities reported declines in housing starts: Swift Current had a 60% decline in starts, Estevan 33 and the Battlefords 25.
If you're planning a move or looking for your first home, check out my website. I can help you with all your real estate needs.