Do you Know Someone who is throwing money away on Rent, because they can't afford a Down Payment?
Contact Carol Ireland at 1-888-429-2121 for the full details.
Here are just a few of the facts:
HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM FACT SHEET
The Federal and Provincial governments have provided the County of Simcoe with $1.2 million funding to provide down payment assistance to a minimum of 138 households under the Homeownership component of the Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Program. The funding provides down payment assistance to moderate income individuals and families giving them the opportunity to move from rental accommodation to homeownership.
To be eligible for down payment assistance, the prospective purchaser must meet the following minimum criteria:
Minimum age of 18 years with a gross household income below $62,600
- Total assets of the household cannot exceed $20,000
- Be a renter household in the County of Simcoe
- Purchase a sole and principal residence within the County of Simcoe
- Cannot own or have an interest in a house or land
- Be able to secure financing on the property
- Must not owe any social housing provider arrears
- Complete a Homeownership Application and provide all necessary documentation.
Maximum eligible house price of $208,000, located within Simcoe County
- Down payment assistance will be 5% of the cost of an eligible home under the program to a maximum of $8,695
- Eligible homes include new or re-sale detached, semi-detached, town (condo and freehold), stacked homes, row houses or apartment (mobile homes and homes on reserve land are ineligible)
- Applicants purchasing re-sale homes must provide a copy of home inspection, performed by a qualified/certified inspector, undertaken at the homeowner's expense
Applicants will receive Homeownership grants through the following process:
- Applicants submit a complete application
- If there are more applicants than granted, a waiting list will be maintained in "date received" order
- All applicants will be notified of the results
- Successful applicants will receive a 60 day commitment letter which they can present to a financial institution as proof of the down payment assistance
- Applicants must provide an accepted "Offer to Purchase" within the 60 day limit.
- Your closing date must be a minimum of 20 days and maximum of 90 days from the date all conditions are met
- No purchases can have a closing date after March 31, 2009
- If the applicant is unsuccessful within this timeframe, the grant will be withdrawn and offered to the next applicant on the waiting list