Are you renovating your house to become more energy efficient? Here are five easy steps to getting up to $10,000 federal and provincial retrofit grants.
A residential energy assessment initiative has been developed by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to help homeowners make retrofit choices that improve the comfort and energy efficiency of their home. AmeriSpec of Canada can help you qualify by following these five easy steps:
1. Hire a qualified AmeriSpec energy advisor to perform a pre-retrofit energy evaluation of your home.
2. Select the improvements from your home energy recommendation checklist.
3. Implement the recommended energy upgrades within 18 months or before March 31st, 2011 (whichever comes first).
4. Call your AmeriSpec energy advisor to perform your post-retrofit evaluation, to confirm your new energy rating and to submit your application on your behalf.
5. Wait for up to 90 days after your follow-up evaluation to receive your cheque based on the eligible upgrades performed.
Homes that have had pre and post retrofit evaluations will be eligible for grants to a maximum of $5,000 ($10,000 in select provinces) with an average grant of $1,100 ($2,200 in select provinces).
The program is set to run until March 31, 2011. You can book an appointment or receive additional information on the residential energy assessment program toll-free at 1 (866) 284-6010 or online at www.amerispec.ca/ecoenergy.