NC)—You love the look of natural wood flooring but are afraid to install hardwood because you know your floors take a beating from the kids, pets and the heavy day-to-day traffic all too common in modern family life.
But you don't have to sacrifice style for boring sensibility when considering a new flooring option in your home – not if you choose laminate. The best laminates combine the realistic grain and texture of wood with high durability and scratch and indentation resistance that natural wood floors don't provide. And, not only are today's laminates available at a fraction of the cost of real wood floors, but they're also right in sync with the latest designs.
“There's always a new decorating trend around the corner,” said Jeff Katz, director of Laminate for Tarkett Residential. “It's imperative for manufacturers to respond to market demand, keeping up with the most up-to-date trends to ensure consumers are getting the latest in style and design, as well as technology.”
One such line is Tarkett's North American Laminate Collection, designed specifically for the North American consumer who wants the latest in traditional and contemporary designs. Featuring exotic wood patterns, a mix of traditional and modern woods and several distinctive concrete and metallic designs, the high-performance laminate offers superior durability and great value.
Many of today's laminates also are easy to install, with no need for glue or nails, and even can be used over several types of existing flooring, often eliminating the need for sub-floor preparation.
When shopping for laminate, Katz offers these tips:
• Look for flooring that is engineered with sturdy inner core board layers that deliver high impact resistance (at least an IC3 rating).
• Also look for laminates featuring a durable AC3 rating for scratch and abrasion resistance.
• Shop for laminate offering extended warranties.
• Choose easy-to-install planks that simply snap together.
• Select laminate that closely replicates the look of natural materials for the most attractive look.
Find more information online at www.tarkettna.com or call toll-free 1-800-367-8275.