- The Northwest District Catholic School Board is holding registration for JK and SK on Feb. 3-7. Bring along a copy of your child’s birth or baptismal certificate, health card, and immunization record. See the ad on Page B3 of Wednesday’s Times for more details.
- Fort Frances Youth Soccer will hold its annual general meeting Monday, Feb. 3 at 6:30 p.m. in the Ice For Kids meeting room at the Memorial Sports Centre. New board members required to help plan the 2014 season. For more info, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Certificate of Qualification exam prep course—for construction labourers of aboriginal ancestry—will run for six weeks beginning Feb. 10. An open house will be held Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 10:30 a.m. and again at 1:30 p.m. at La Place Rendez-Vous. For more info, call Bev Cochrane (271-1863) or Kaleb Firth (271-1854).
- The Rainy River District School Board will hold its next regular monthly meeting Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. at the Education Centre (board office).
- An evening in honour of Dr. Brian Johnstone will be held Friday, Feb. 7 at La Place Rendez-Vous. Reception from 6:30-7 p.m., followed by dinner. Tickets cost $30 each (includes gift), which are available at Nelson Medicine Professional Corp. (274-3287 ext. 282) or the Administration Department at Riverside Health Care Facilities, Inc.
- The Rainy Lake Nordic Ski Club is holding a candlelight/moonlight ski on Saturday, Feb. 8 from 5-9 p.m. at its Rocky Inlet trails. Ski at 5 p.m., then enjoy a cookout prepared by Cater 2 U at 6 p.m. and live music in the chalet at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $5, which are available at the Fort Frances Public Library Technology Centre or by calling 274-5642.
- February 5, 2014
CENTURY 21 Reynard Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage*