Now that December is almost upon us, I drive through neighbourhoods and notice tons of beautiful trees and Christmas decorations. Every year you will hear of fires and the tragic circumstances surrounding a family losing their home and everything they have.
Here are some safety tips for you this Christmas:
- Make sure that your tree is fresh and has water at all times
- Test your smoke alarms and make sure your batteries are new. This should be done at least once a year and Christmas is an easy time to remember!
- Always make sure that your tree does not block an exit out of your home.
- Keep your tree away from any heat sources
- Never place open flames such as candles near your tree
- Check all your lights and decorations for frayed wires or damaged cords.
Be safe this holiday season and have a very Merry Christmas!