It is a known fact that when you have the date set to meet with your realtor, we run around like crazy people trying to tidy up in time for pictures. These pictures will be everyone's first impression of your home. When we want to sell quickly or for the price we want, then our first impression has to be the best one! Here are a few tips to make things a little easier:
1) Depending on the season, make sure that the yard is picked up, lawn mowed, gardening tools put away, leaves raked.
2) Remove all the vehicles from the driveway, this way your driveway looks better and less cluttered.
3) Remove whatever clutter you can all around your house. People are able to better picture themselves living in your house if your stuff is hidden away.
4) Make beds.
5) Keep your bathroom and kitchen counters clean and as empty as possible.
6) Make sure the dishes are done and the kitchen sink is empty
7) Take all magnets off the fridge…it's amazing how much this will make your kitchen look clean and uncluttered.
8) Turn on all lights (make sure to replace burnt out bulbs) and open all the blinds in the rooms to be photographed. This will brighten up the rooms and make people take notice!