Halloween is right around the corner and I was just thinking...how safe are homes for Halloween? Are driveways and walkways well lit? What about stairs...are they wobbly or uneven?...can someone slip on them? Are stair railings sturdy? Just a few thoughts...here are a few things that I thought homeowners can look at when preparing their home for Halloween:
1) Make sure your driveway and walkway is properly lit up.
2) Ensure all leaves have been raked up along the driveway and walk way (this will prevent possibly slipping if the leaves happen to be wet).
3) Make sure your staircase and hand railing are safe and sound (not uneven, not wobbly, no debris on the stairs etc).
4) If you have pumpkins out, ensure they are out of the way from those walking by.
5) After giving candy out, give the kids a gentle reminder to watch their step leaving and not to run!
These are just a few things to consider...if anyone has any others, please add to this Blog post and...
Chris La Delfa
Century 21 Parkland Ltd