Fall Tips to prepare your home, for the colder month’s ahead! Part 1
Exterior – Yard;
- Trim back “most” trees and hedges, this will help with leaf clean up and also promote healthier growth in the spring time.
- Empty and turn over/or store, all planters etc – this will protect them from freeze damage and also help reduce mosquito breeding areas in the spring.
- Apply a fall fertilizer to promote stronger growth next year.
- Rake up as many leaves as possible, this will help sunlight get through to the grass. Some leaves can be used as a mulch for tender newer plants.
- Clean up + winterize your lawn mower and garden implements .
- Exterior faucets should have all the hoses removed and shut off from the inside – then leave the outside tap/valve open, so it can drain. Irrigation systems should be prepared, as per the manufacturers/installers instructions.
- Have a good walk around and pick up or remove any loose or unused tools, toys etc and get them out of the coming weather!