Bath Real Estate Listings and Information
Bath was first settled by the United Empire Loyalists in 1784, making it one of the oldest communities in Ontario. Discharged soldiers from Jessup's Rangers were the first settlers. The economic development of the community was enabled by a sheltered harbour and road connections with Kingston stimulated economic development. By mid-century Bath was a prosperous point of trade. After the town had been divided up between the families of Hawley, Davy, Rose and Amey, it was John Davy who was first to lay down roads on his lot #10. By 1804 the whole village had been prepared for settlement and surveyed. The village was originally named Ernestown, but was renamed Bath in 1819 after the city in England. The village was incorporated in 1859.