1. How much do you have to spend?
Narrowing your focus to fall within the budget you have available will help your realtor to hone in on the properties that can work for you. You should take into account that there are a number of additional expenses when you purchase a home and your budget should include a provision to cover them.
2. What type of property do you want?
Are you looking for a condominium for maintenance free living or a single-family detached home with more space and a garden?
3. What features do you need?
Some things to consider are:
- The number of bathrooms
- How many cars you need to park in a garage
- A fenced in back yard for small children or pets
- Low utility bills
- Gas or electricity
- A short drive to work
- Low maintenance garden
4. What is your ideal location?
Your lifestyle requirements are important.
- Distance to work
- Schools in the area
- Convenience of shopping and entertainment
All the above will assist your realtor in helping you find your dream home.
For more buying tips visit my website: www.GarryThind.com/Blog/