I received this wonderful email from Toni Newman and I felt compelled to share this with you. Why not do one random act of kindness everyday. How hard can holding a door for stranger could be? But like me if you would like to add these to your to-do-list for 2013 feel free.
50 Possible Random Acts of Kindess. Are you in?
1.Take coffee and doughnuts to a work crew - especially if they're out there in the boiling sun or on a cold snowy day.
2.Shovel someone's sidewalk or rake someone's leaves. You could even mow your neighbor's lawn!
3.Donate old books to a local women's shelter or local library.
4.Comfort someone in need - even if you don't know the person. Let them know that someone cares.
5.Give a gift certificate for craft supplies to a local school or daycare.
6.Anonymously pay off someone's lay away charges at a local store (inspired by Barbara Glantz http://www.facebook.com/barbaraaglanz)
7.Pay for a senior's medication for a month.
8.Give a tip to a hard working cashier (inspired by https://twitter.com/CarolineHindle)
9.Buy gas/coupon for the person behind you in line (Inspired by https://twitter.com/catemaher)
10. Give away a coupon for something that someone has in their shopping cart or for money off a fast food order that someone ahead of you in line has just placed. (inspired by http://www.facebook.com/EdwardLeigh)
11. Visit a local nursing home and read to the residents. If you play a musical instrument or sing - even better!
12. Hold the door open for someone. I know that this may seem strange to put on this list but I am constantly amazed by how many doors get left to slam in people's faces.
13. Look a homeless person in the eye and have a conversation.
14. Let someone go in front of you in line.
15. Deliver baked goods to a local fire station.
16. Donate pet food to your local human society or animal shelter.
17. Slip a tip to the crossing guard at your neighborhood school.
18. Leave a note card with a lovely message on a stranger's windshield.
19. Write a letter to someone who made a difference in your life. (inspired by www.randomactsofkindness.org)
20. Leave a number of envelopes containing an "In Memory" message and $5 at your local Laundromat. (inspired by https://twitter.com/marymerlot1)
21. Feed someone else's parking meter.
22. Give a great waiter or waitress a 100% tip
23.Give a gift card to a complete stranger.
24. Make a donation to a charity in someone else's name.
25. Compliment someone!
26. Recommend a competitor to a potential client. (inspired by http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/29-ways-to-carry-out-random-acts-of-kindness-every-day.html)
27. Write a note to the manager of someone who has given you great service or treated you well letting them know how exceptional that employee really is. (inspired by http://www.daretobeanangel.com/tasklist.php)
28. Put something you no longer need on Craig's list for free. (inspired by http://www.daretobeanangel.com/tasklist.php)
29. Speak out against hate and injustice. Stand up for someone who is being mistreated.
30. If you own a store, why not take a few of your products and simply give them away to those in need?
31. Donate money to the Red Cross. $15 helps provide a family with 3 blankets after a house fire. (redcross.org/gifts)
32. Drive someone home when you see them standing in the cold or the rain waiting for the bus.
33. Pay for someone else's meal at a restaurant. (inspired by https://twitter.com/LyssaPond)
34. Reach out to your local electric company and arrange to pay off a bill or two for someone in danger of having their power turned off. (inspired by https://twitter.com/marymerlot1)
35. Pay the toll for the person behind you. (inspired by loveistheword.org)
36. Give a homeless family money for food, shelter for a night or even Christmas gifts. (inspired by @WHAS11Kelsey)
37. Give your subway pass to a stranger (inspired by Ryan at http://www.366randomacts.org)
38. Donate Christmas ornaments to a local shelter.
39. Give the shirt off your back or the shoes off your feet to someone in need. (inspired by now.msn.com/random-acts-of-kindness-photo-gallery)
40. Treat a stranger to a movie. (inspired by http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/29-ways-to-carry-out-random-acts-of-kindness-every-day.html)
41. Leave a copy of an interesting book on a train or bus with a note saying "Feel free to take this book. I only ask that after you read it, you pass it on." (inspired by http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/29-ways-to-carry-out-random-acts-of-kindness-every-day.html)
42. Send a Christmas care package to a soldier or sailor. (inspired by Ryan at http://www.366randomacts.org)
43. Give a care package to a homeless person. (inspired by www.randomactsofkindness.org)
44. Take flowers to a hospital ward and ask that they be given to someone who hasn't had any visitors. (inspired by http://www.daretobeanangel.com/tasklist.php)
45. Donate one hour of your time. Whatever you know how to do, give it away to someone who needs it! Or maybe donate your time at a food bank or soup kitchen.
46. Write anonymous notes or letters of hope and kindness and leave them for strangers to find. ((inspired by http://www.daretobeanangel.com/tasklist.php)
47. Hold an abundance swap. I mean, do we really need all of this stuff? Find out how at http://www.abundanceswap.org
48. Invite someone to dinner who is alone or on their own.
49. Help someone carry their groceries or other heavy load to their car.