Your Home and Your Health- All About Asbestos !!!

Asbestos has been used in hundreds of applications and products over the past 4,500 years. Asbestos is a natural mineral with unusual qualities. It is strong enough to resist high temperatures, chemical attack and wear. A poor conductor, it insulates well against heat and electricity.

For half a century, until the 1980s, asbestos was used in office buildings, public buildings and schools. It insulated hot water heating systems, and was put into walls and ceilings as insulation against fire and sound. When it became evident that regular exposure to asbestos on the job involved health risks, the public became more concerned about exposure to asbestos. We all need to know about the health risk and precautions to be taken to minimize the asbestos risk at home.

Here is what ‘Health Canada’ suggests all about this!!!