If you're planning on finding your next dream home, then you're probably
going to view several homes on the market that meet your criteria.
You will want to make the right purchasing decision for you and your family.
So, it's wise to be savvy when viewing properties for sale. Here are some
ideas on how to do that.
• Bring a notepad. Take notes, not only of the home's characteristics,
but also of how you feel. For example, can you imagine yourself
happily cooking up a storm in the kitchen? Do you see yourself
entertaining family on the back deck?
• Bring a measuring tape. Will the furniture you plan to bring fit? Your
dining room suite? Your home fitness equipment?
• Ask about maintenance. Is the property in a good state of repair?
Will anything need to be replaced soon, such as the windows?
• Bring a camera. Take lots of pictures of the home's exterior
features. Don't make the mistake of thinking you'll remember how
• Check out the area. Do other homeowners take good care of their
properties? This shows pride of ownership. How is the noise level? Is
there a playground, or another area feature nearby?
• Make a list of compromises. For example, are there only two
bathrooms instead of three and, if so, can you live with that?
• Make a list of bonuses. What features does the home have that, are
not a necessity, but would be nice to have? For example, an
entertainment bar in the basement recreation room.
• Remember your budget. Is the price within your range? Can you
afford to buy this home?
The savvier you are when viewing properties on the market, the more likely
you will be to find your next dream home.
How to Be a Savvy Home Viewer
- June 5, 2013
CENTURY 21 Erie Shores Realty Inc., Brokerage*
- November 2015 (2)
- October 2015 (5)
- July 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- July 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)