We are now in the final quarter of the year and there have been some interesting statistics in the PEI Real Estate market so far for 2013. Here are just a few:
- As of September 30 there were 4052 active listings on the MLS system.
- 1407 Sales in year to date 2013 compared to 1568 in 2012. That is an approximate drop in unit sales by 10%
- Total dollar volume of sales was $203,389,399 compared to $21,368,435 whch is an approximate drop in dollar sales of 5%
- The area with the most activity was MLS area 4 which is Charlottetown, Spring Park and West Royalty with a year to date unit salse of 152 at an average price of $206,599.
- The price range of sales that saw the most amount of activity was between $140,000 and $199,999 with 289 unit sales.
- There have been a total of 28 sales of properties on PEI over the price of $400,000.
- Average Price in Area 7 which is Stratford increased to $237,000 compared to $222,600 last year.
This is just a quick snapshot of some of the market. We know that each area and each property is different. If you would like to know how your area or your price range is doing, contact us with a question and we will get back to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to follow us on on twitter at www.twitter.com/c21colonial or on facebook at www.facebook.com/c21colonial