Enjoy keeping up with the latest trends in kitchen and bath design? Here are the most popular new designs from the National Kitchen & Bath Association.
- Concealed kitchens - Concealing appliances enhances the kitchen’s ability to be a primary living and entertainment venue. Clean lines and sleek colors create a unique identity without overpowering nearby rooms.
- Beverage stations - This area usually includes an undercounter refrigerator, wine cooler and coffee maker.
- Scaling of elements - Shapes, textures and fixtures are used to create scale. Whether it’s a marbled surface in tile, a tin ceiling or metallic material, it can be used to direct the eye around the room and create a balanced space.
- Bold colors - Look for splashes of bold color—particularly rich blues, purples, greens and yellows.
- Soft geometry - Rounded shapes on countertops, light fixtures and soffits help smooth traffic patterns and soften features.
- New use of space - Fixtures such as floating vanities and wall-mounted toilets remove obstructions and make baths feel spacious.
- Framing - A simple detail such as a soffit along the ceiling or blank wall space surrounding inset cabinets can set off and emphasize elements while creating a focal point.
- Varying heights - Islands, countertops and walls are being customized to homeowner needs. Varying heights are not only functional but also create balance.
- Japanese influences - Look for clean lines, open spaces and neutral colors with bold splashes of color. Japanese artwork and antiques are becoming popular as well.
- Art integration - Kitchens and baths are being personalized with paintings and sculptures.
Eager to find your own design masterpiece? Visit our properties at century21.com/finehomes, or call your local CENTURY 21 Office today.
Article Name: 10 New Kitchen and Bath Trends