As February approaches and light is beginning to shine on those winter blues. However, February weather can still pack a punch. Here are some tips for protecting yourself from ballooning heating bills, freezing pipes and other household emergencies in these
- Keep doors and heating vents closed to rooms that are not in use
- Close the flue in your wood fireplace when not using it
- Don’t leave kitchen and bathroom fans running longer than needed – they draw heat from your home
- To prevent pipes from freezing in extreme temperatures, open hot and cold faucets just enough so that water can drip through
- NEVER bring a barbecue or external gas-powered heating source indoors to heat your home
- Remove branches from locations where heavy snow and ice might accumulate and risk breakage
- Disconnect garden hoses from their water sources
- Keep a bag of salt or sand handy to prevent falls on walkways and driveways
- Invest in a small canister of lock de-icer for your home and car
- If you are not a normally active person, take it very easy when shovelling your driveway and other physical tasks that put stress on your muscles and heart
It's Your Career - I'm here to Support YOU!
Real Estate Broker / Mortgage Broker
Century 21United Realty Inc. Brokerage / CENTUM Core Financial Inc.
Independently Owned and Operated
Friends, followers, and connections are the way of the future.
CENTUM Core Financial Inc. Brokerage License #: 10642
Constantine Isslamow License#: M08005391