It seemed to take forever, but it would appear that Spring is finally here – and Summer is around the corner. Now is the perfect time to prepare your lawn and garden so they are at their best and you can enjoy the outdoors as much as possible!
According to the article “Smart Spring Yard Cleanup” on This Old House website, some of the best tips you can do are:
- Prune away dead branches
- Cut back any perennials you need
- Rake up all your winter debris
- Compost dead leaves, branches, grass etc.
- Turn in compost to prepare for seeding
- Clean hardscape surfaces
- Patch or replace wooden fences, railings, etc.
- Sit back and enjoy the summer!!
To read the entire article visit: www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20352366,00.html
Have any tips or tricks to help ready your outdoors for the summer? We would love to hear!