Click on the links below to review detailed information regarding total sales year to date up to the end of the month of February of 2010 within our local board; Peterborough and Kawartha's Association of REALTORS®
These 2 attachments shows the units sold by price point along with average days and sale to list percentage (first link shows bar graph where the second link gives a chart with numerical breakdown).
To summarize, the top 5 price points for units sold are as follows:
1. $200,000 - $219,999 43 units sold
2. $160,000 - $179,999 29 units sold
3. $220,000 - $239,999 29 units sold
4. $180,000 - $199,999 28 units sold
5. $140,000 - $159,999 186 units sold
We truly are off to a great start!! Record breaking sales in Peterborough and surrounding area in comparison to last year this time. First time home buyers are still driving our market here in Peterborough!
We welcome 2010 and hope it only gets better from here!!!
Additonal Statistics to be aware of:
- We are seeing multiple offers occurring in several price points causing our average sale price to show an increase of 12.9% on the year compared to 2009.
- Inventory days on hand, this year listings are selling on average in 64 days, compared to 81 days last year.
- Total Sales in February of this year was 200 compared to 141 last year. This is a 42% increase in sales.
- Total Sales Volume for February 2010 was $45,381,040 compared to only $28,649,914. This is a 58% increase in sales volume and is also better then February o f 2008 which had $42,230,327.
- When I look at the Year to Date Sales volume, we have had $76,773,200 compared with $46,996,765year to date in 2009. This gives our year to date sales volume a 63% increase over 2009.
- When reviewing the sales graph, you will find that the $200,000 - $219,999 has the most sales with 43 units followed by homes in the $220,000-$239,999 range tied in second spot along with $160,00$179,999
NOW is the time to list your home for sale - if you've though about it, take advantage of this seller’s market and put your house up for sale! With interest rates expected to begin to increase over the next few months and HST coming into play in July of 2010, buyers have never been more serious than now!
Call me today for more information on the market here in Peterborough and how I can help you fulfill your real estate dreams!
No Question Is Wrong, What Matters Is You Get The Right Answer!
Century 21 United Realty Inc. Brokerage
Independently Owned and Operated