I've had a few emails and texts from my recent blog post on Downtown Dartmouth Dining and it was suggested that perhaps a quick snapshot of the Downtown Dartmouth drinking establishments may be a great follow up blog. So, with that suggestion in hand and having now checked out a few more neighbourhood establishments here it is.
Great 'watering holes' within walking distance to The Avery, Kings Wharf, and the encompassing Downtown Dartmouth area:
- Battery Park - this beer bar is a favourite of mine and awesome service and busy vibe. http://batterypark.ca/
- The Watch That Ends The Night - as they put it "curious cocktails" and "curated winelist" new on the scene in Downtown Dartmouth and a rather large rum menu https://www.thewatchthatendsthenight.com/
- II Trullo - great bar to sit at and have a hand crafted cocktail and has a great wine selection. http://www.iltrullo.ca/
- The Canteen - nice spot to stop in and have a glass of wine and chat in friendly atmosphere. http://www.thecanteen.ca/
- Celtic Corner - great place to meet up with friends and toast to the live music on stage. http://www.celticcorner.ca/
- Wooden Monkey - sit in the bar area and take in the view, great place to stop in for a drink as you hop off the ferry on your way home from work http://www.thewoodenmonkey.ca/
All of these businesses are locally owned and have a distinct atmosphere so no matter what mood you are in there is something for everyone.
If you have a favourite spot be sure to email me at email@example.com as I'm always up for adding a new place to grab a local beer, meet up for a glass of wine or try a new handcrafted cocktail.
Cin Cin, Dale
Italian: Salute / Cin cin
Pronounced: Saw-lutay / Chin chin
Meaning: Health/ cheers
Dale Cameron, Century 21 Trident Realty Ltd www.HalifaxDartmouth.com