We are organizing this special “Send a Kid to Camp” event to help raise funds to send local children with disabilities to specially equipped Easter Seals camps.
It’s Spring – time to clean up, get rid of junk, create a fresh new start.
You can do all this AND help us make dreams come true for disabled children.
There are so many ways to help out! You can:
- Donate your open house signs for the day to help us promote the event
- Donate a couple of hours of your time to help out on the day
- Find volunteers who want to help out on the day – this is a great opportunity for high school students who need community hours
- Sponsor the costs of the event – eg cleaning equipment ($100), advertising ($250), etc
- Post the event on your website and blog
- Display posters at your open houses (pick up copies at the front desk)
- Ask everyone you know to come out and support the event
- Make a financial donation
Come out and join us for a fun filled day with:
- car wash
- bottle drive
- penny drve
- clothing drop – with SafetyNet*
- fun bubbles & face painting
- goody bags
- Mother’s Day flowers
Saturday May 11, 10:00am to 2:00pm
The Fifties Diner, 649 Seers Rd, Oakville (corner of Speers Rd and Fourth Line)
More than 20,000 children and youth in Ontario live with physical disabilities. For the last 90 years, Easter Seals Ontario has played an important role in providing support for these kids and their families.
Often children with disabilities live with feelings of isolation and enjoy very little social interaction with their peers. For many of these children, summer camp is a real chance to establish their independence, expand personal boundaries, and explore their abilities.
The experiences, memories and friendships they create through camps like the Easter Seals Camp last far beyond the few weeks that they spend there.Easter Seals Ontario owns and operates two fully accessible camps and is recognized as an industry leader in providing world class recreation programs for the kids with physical disabilities. Easter Seals camps offer a wide variety of exciting activities that fosters autonomy, self-esteem and acceptance. The kids enrolled at Easter Seals Camp are really left wanting nothing; they get to participate in everything imaginable. They really go to great lengths to make camp activities – swimming, boating, ropes courses, hockey - accessible for each and everyone of the children, no matter what their disability is.
Easter Seals* is a charity that has spent the last 90 years providing support and services to disabled children as well as running specialized camps that allow these special children to enjoy a normal childhood experience of going to camp. Easter Seals is the national charity of CENTURY 21 and our office has been affiliated with them for over 35 years. Our “Send a Kid to Camp” events help raise funds for local children. It costs $2100 per child to send a kid to an Easter Seals camp and every dollar that we raise goes directly to Easter Seals.