The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you. I do that in a number of ways. I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are withing your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren't suitable. I make sure you don't miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you're alerted. I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there's little inconvenience for you. Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you. I also give you the scoop on the neighborhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on me to steer you away from undesirable areas, and point out only those I suspect you'd like. When you finds a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won't have to make such an important decision without my expert advice. As your real estate agent, I'm committed to getting you into the right home, and I'm with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your "needs" features (those features you must have)?(For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your "wants" features (those features you'd like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example. large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaces soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything you don't like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It's my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want. Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you're looking for.
Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don't be. You've got an expert by your side. My job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home and at a price that works for you. The first step is preparing the offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you're offering, as well as any conditions. The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don't want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home. Don't worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here's what typically happens:
- I'll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We'll talk about that.
- I'll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer the the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn't accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I'll work with the seller's agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I'll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You're never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I'll help lead you through the removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the homes is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn't have to be. That's the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side...someone who knows how to get that home for you. Have questions about making an offer? Please contact me.
Ensuring the Closing Goes Smoothly
There are a few things I enjoy more than saying to a client, "You've got the home!" That means that the seller has accepted your offer, conditions have been waived, the closing date has been set, and you'll soon be preparing for moving day. Just because the purchase has been made doesn't mean my work for you stops. On the contrary. There are a myriad of other things I'll do to ensure the process goes smoothly. For example, I'll take care of many of the administrative details on your behalf. I'll work with the seller's agent, your lawyer, and your mortgage lender to ensure that all the necessary paperwork has been completed and submitted. Don't worry about finding a good real estate lawyer, insurance agent, moving company, etc. I'm well-connected in the local real estate scene and can personally recommend reputable professionals and companies to help you. If at any time leading up to moving day you have a question, problem or concern, I'll be there to help. You can count on me to be your real estate agent before, during and after you cross the threshold into your beautiful new home.
CENTURY 21 Arbutus Realty
- 250-923-2111 ext 110