When buying a home it is essential to make a list of everything that is important to you. This will not only help you figure out what your must haves are but it will also provide your real estate agent specifics that he/she will look for to help you find the home you truly desire. Here are five topics to discuss with your rela estate agent when buying a home:
1. Make a list of what you cant live without. Whether you have a big family and require many bedrooms, an in-law suite, shed, big kitchen, open concept, etc. Making this list will make your home buying needs clear.
2. Schools and Family Needs. If you have a family or are planning on starting one, its important to talk about the schools available in the area you are looking to buy. You may already have a school in mind and this may be another attribute on your list (thatyour house must be located in a specific school zone).
3. Community Details. Do you want to be close to downtown, in an urban or rural area, letting your real estate agent know what you would like close to you or are looking for within a community is helpful.
4. Commuting. Do you need access to public transit? Would you prefer to be in walking distance of work/school? These are all things to consider when your looking for location, location, location.
5. Budget. Its a good idea to get a mortgage pre-approval before you start house hunting. This way you will know how much you have to work with.