Loosing your property virginity can be a scary and sometimes overwhelming experience. If you plan correctly you can ease into homeownership successfully, and enjoy the experience. Here are 10 tips to prepare you for your first time buying a home:
1. Start by finding a realtor.
2. Apply for a preapproved mortgage
3. Budget for extra expenses such as; moving, new appliance and utility hookups
4. Prepare for closing fees
5. Consider using the federal government's Home Buyers' Plan for first-time buyers to increase your down payment
6. Buy the home you can afford
7. Avoid hidden costs (and headaches) with a home inspection
8. Make an offer only if your serious
9. Keep your emotions in check when negotiating because they can lead to impulse buying
10. Pay for furniture now, not later.
*Tips were from Canadian Living's Article "30 simple ways to improve your finances: credit ratings, mortgage brokers, car insurance and more"*