There are many things to consider when moving. Here are some quick notes and helpful tips to consider when moving.
- Research moving companies
- Read reviews on movers
- Select 3 companies to ask for estimates, services provided
- Ask for any hidden costs (fuel, overtime estimate, kilometers, weight, etc).
- Cheapest movers are not always the best
- Plan ahead
- Pay it forward; being kind to movers usually means they will be kind to your furniture and belongings
There are a few warning signs that are typical of the unreliable movers to watch out for.
- Requiring a large deposit or payment up front
- Not providing (or including on their website) specific information about their address, license, or insurance
- They might answer the phone, “Movers,” rather than using a company name
- Their truck is a clearly marked rental or doesn’t have the company name and logo on it
- Claiming their low price covers everything and that their insurance protects everything without detailing specifics
CENTURY 21 Bamber Realty Ltd.