Home sales in Regina and area in April were down from April 2012, based on reports through the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc MLS® System.
Statistics for April 2012 compared to April 2013:
- Sales down 24% - from 411 to 336
- Sales in the city down 20% - from 349 to 280
- Average sale price up 1% - from $312,412 to $316,606
- Average sale price in the city down slightly - from $319,583 - $318,755
- Active Listings at the end of April - 1,449, including 803 in the city
- New listings in April up 11% - from 623 - 690
- Sales down 25% - from 1,354 - 1,019
- Sales in the city down 22% - from 1,102 - 860
- Average sale price up 6% - from $294,787 - 311,896
During the month, homes which sold were on the market for an average of 35 days before selling at an average of 97.2% of asking price. This compares to 31 days and 97.8% in 2012.
April has been the strongest month for sales so far in 2013. There is a good selection of homes available for buyers. With the local economic acitivity, job and population growth, and tight rental market conditions point to a healthy market for the remainder of the spring and summer months.
Are you looking for a REALTOR® to list your home or searching for the home of your dreams? Check out our website. We have trained professionals in Regina and surrounding areas that can help you with all your real estate needs.