When it’s time to sell, you’ll want your investment to impress buyers and earn top dollar.
Here are 5 important steps to getting your home ready to sell:
1. Declutter - decluttering makes spaces look bigger and keeps the potential buyer from being distracted.
2. Repair Damaged Items - imagine yourself as the buyer and what would stick out to you that is not appealing eg. holes in the walls, or lights that don't work.
3. Clean - do a deep cleaning, more than you do on a regular basis. Wash the windows and sills, clean the carpets etc. This will make your house fresh and newer looking.
4. Plan pleasing scents - before a showing or open house put out some fresh flowers or bake some cookies before hand.
5. Stage your home - neutral colors are the most pleasing, bold colors can turn people away. Rent some furniture if your furniture is old and out dated, rearrange or remove furniture to make spaces look bigger.
If buyers like what they see it may produce a better result when you sell your house!