Are you thinking of Selling Your Home?
If so, call me!
There are many things to consider other than price when selling your home. For example, have you thought about keeping your home safe during an open house?
Just how comfortable would you feel opening your home to a complete stranger? Imagine walking away, knowing that someone you’ve never met is wandering through your home, eyeing up and down the one place
you feel most safe.
Well it does happen , every single weekend, in fact!
It’s up to you the owner to protect your valuables when it comes time to schedule your open house, but don’t panic!...... I will be there to guide you every step of the way and make sure you and your belongs remain safe.
This is just one of the many ways I can help you when you are selling your home.
Police will tell you, that thefts from open houses do happen.
In 2010 police recovered property worth half a million dollars, after a couple from Oshawa was charged with stealing during open houses!
The good news is there are a few simple steps that can go a long way to protecting your privacy, security and belongings during an open house. The first step is to work with a trusted registered salesperson like me J
Here are just a few of the steps I will take to help keep you safe.
- I will limit the number of people allowed into the home during each showing
- Each visitor is required to complete a registration form prior to going any further than the first few steps in your home.
- Potential buyers be escorted during their visit to your home.
- I will remind you and double check before open house begins that you have removed valuable items that are small and easy to steal such as jewelry and portable electronics
- Remind you to keep your bills, credit card receipts, and bank statements out of view.
- I will insure you remove medications from all rooms in the home including your medicine cabinet.
The moral here is, you are dealing with one of the biggest if not biggest assests in your life, make sure you work with a registered professional to guide you through all the steps of selling your home!
For more information or if you have any questions about selling you home feel free to contact me, I am here to help!
If you are wondering just home much your home may be worth simply go to
CENTURY 21 Miller Real Estate Ltd.
Brokerage Independently Owned and Operated
467 Speers Road, Oakville, ON., L6K 3S4
Direct Line: 416.616.2484 Office: 905.845.9180