Inexpensive things you can do to make a great first impression on buyers
Fall is always a busy time for buyers and sellers. If you're looking to sell your home this fall, here are some inexpensive things you can do to make a great first impression on buyers:
- Get rid of the clutter! Cleaning and de-cluttering always rank near the top of suggested home improvements for sellers. Start sorting your belongings and get rid of what you don't need-or box it up and put it in storage. If it looks like your home can't accommodate your belongings, buyers will believe it can't accommodate theirs, either!
- Rearrange your furniture to create easy walkways. Remove excess furniture to make rooms seems larger and more user friendly.
- Remove photos. They personalize your space, but they may also make it more difficult for potential buyers to visualize themselves living in your home.
- Make the space smell nice! Open windows, use air fresheners or bake cookies before showings.
- Make sure everything is clean-floors, bathrooms, kitchen. Nothing turns off a buyer faster than grime.
- Consider paint. Paint is an inexpensive way to freshen up both the interior and exterior of a home. Try to keep colors neutral.
- Don't forget curb appeal. Lawns should be cut, hedges should be trimmed and beds should be free of weeds. Plant some flowers to brighten the exterior and give it a warm feeling.
- Start packing up clothes and linens to make closets look larger.
- Open blinds and curtains to allow lots of natural light in, and turn on lights when buyers are expected.
- Don't forget the garage, it's part of your home! Get rid of clutter and organize your tools, bikes, etc.
Interested in selling your home or learning more about staging? Give me a call today! 519-670-5436