|AVID Ratings Co. is a customer loyalty and survey management firm that works with the home building industry. AVID recently released its annual survey of home-buyer preferences, revealing these 10 most-desired features of new homes:
- Large kitchens, with islands and granite counter tops. These are most popular among buyers trading up or buying custom homes.
- Energy-efficient appliances, insulation and windows. Rising energy costs are making these the most sought-after 'green' selling features.
- Home office/studies as alternatives to formal dining rooms.
- Main-floor master suites. These are must-haves for empty-nesters, says the survey.
- Outdoor living rooms. Livable outdoor spaces are gaining popularity in both Canada and the United States.
- Ceiling fans.
- Master suite soaker tubs. Large showers with seating areas are also becoming desirable.
- Stone and brick exteriors.
- Natural surroundings. These include community landscaping, walking paths and playgrounds.
- Two-car garages.
AVID Ratings Co. is a customer loyalty and survey management firm that works with the home building industry, and presents annual customer experience awards to builders in both Canada and the United States.