- Peak Selling Time: NOW! 40% of all homes on the market in 2014 will be bought & sold from May to August with July being the peak selling month as buyers seek to settle in before the kids go back to school. Putting your home on the market at the beginning of the selling season will help your chances of snagging a winning offer.
- Price It Right Pricing is a critical component to getting your house sold. Ask too much and a similar one at a much lower price will look better by comparison and be snapped up. Alternately, ask too little and the buyer may wonder what is wrong that they’re not seeing (obnoxious neighbours, high heating bills, etc). In establishing a fair and attractive price for your house “recent sales” matter! The sale price of homes that sold recently paints a much better picture of what to expect than the price of homes that sold in the dead of winter.
Nor can you go by what the neighbour is asking for his house! That may be dependent on paying out a mortgage or, if the price is low, maybe they bought 30 years ago and have no mortgage. Obtain a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) reviewing comparable sales in your neighbourhood recently.
- Know Your Current Market There’s good news and bad news.
The bad news: Total sales have been significantly lower in the last few years as the industry wrestled with the GST/HST uncertainty. While total sales jumped in 2013, they have slumped again as Canadian Mortgage and Housing Association (CMHC) changed their requirements for underwriting mortgages.
The good news: Overall the value of homes sold in the Kamloops area has remained relatively stable. There is a good chance that you'll still get the one that will be a win/win for both you and the buyer
- It Pays To Be Ahead Of The Curve Right now we're at the cusp of prime selling and buying season, ramping up for a busy summer. The sooner you put your home on the market the smaller the inventory of choices for buyers to choose from.
- Make It Pop Off The Computer (Or Smartphone) Screen! The vast majority of buyers find their next home online. In this new mobile era, a huge percentage of buyers use apps to start their home search. That percentage is expected to rise this year as more buyers take advantage of easy access to the wealth of information online. The Century 21 site is not only mobile friendly, but listings can be viewed in 16 different languages with the click of a button.
Great homes with just a few photos or mediocre quality photos on line, will ultimately get less showings. Help your REALTOR show off your home. When he comes to take pictures make sure your home is showing its best, the clutter is out of sight, the grass is green & freshly clipped, and flower beds neatly weeded.
Let's put SOLD on your sign!