Celebrate Canada Day - Kelowna
Celebrate Canada Day - Kelowna" is our annual, free community festival held in Waterfront Park, Jim Stuart Park and Kerry Park, as well as Prospera Place for residents and visitors to celebrate our nation's birthday. There are over 50+ activities and performances that are multi-generational and family-friendly, sure to entertain festival goers all day long. Over 60,000 people have attended these celebrations each year for the past three years!
This local celebration is produced as a community partnership between Festivals Kelowna, Folkfest, and the Kelowna Canada Day Concerts Society, bringing the community a huge number of activities for all ages and abilities to enjoy.
Keep checking back as we will post the event details and site map in the last week of June 2015, leading up to the festivities.
Prospera Place will feature:
- Official Celebrate Canada Day Opening Ceremonies , including a "Happy Birthday Canada" cake presented by Coldwell Banker Horizon Realty (cake service approx 1:00 pm)
- 42nd Annual Kelowna Folkfest Celebrations - presenting Canada's cultural mosaic through culinary experiences and live performances
- 21st Annual "Kelowna POPS Orchestra Canada Day Spectacular" - live orchestral concert
(note: as ever, the concert will end in time for audience to enjoy the fireworks). Check out more details on their website.
Waterfront Park will feature the 18th annual "Celebrate Canada Day-Kelowna" event including:
- Taste of Canada - a food fair featuring over 18 different vendors
- Made in Canada Marketplace - an artisan showcase of handmade, Canadian arts and crafts
- Canada Day Bazaar - a marketplace of unique items by local small businesses
- Community Groups Display - information displays by local community associations
- Parks Alive! Power Stage presented by Power 104 FM (Island Stage), 12:30 - 9:30 pm
- TD Beach Stage presented by K96.3 FM and Country 100.7 (Tugboat Bay beach), 12:00 - 10:30 pm
- WildPlay Element Parks Kid Stage (Pioneer Gardens), 11:00- 4:00 pm
- SUB Stage (UBCO Student Union/Blueprint) presented by 99.9 SUN FM (Jim Stuart Park), 6:00pm - 10:30 pm
- Inspired Word Stage (Kerry Park), 7:00 - 10:00 pm
- Folk Fest stage (Prospera Place) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Canada Day Concerts Spectacular (Prospera Place) 7:30-9:30 pm
- Century 21 "Kids Zone" presented by the Kelowna Capital News - a variety of drop-in activities for children of all ages, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Evening Fireworks Display - Simulcast on 99.9 Sun FM - bring your radio and tune in! 10:30 pm
Are you painting an apple bin at the Kelowna Art Gallery's "Great Canadian Apple Bin Paint in" ? Find the details at www.kelownaartgallery.com
Although admission to the festival is free, donations are greatly appreciated and help support the costs of this celebration. Volunteers with donation bins will be located at the entrances to Waterfront Park and at the entertainment stages.
Your donations help keep the Canada Day Celebrations free and accessible to all.