Summer is quickly approaching! Now that you’ve finished your spring cleaning, it’s time to prepare your home for the heat.
Here are our top tips for getting your home ready for the sunny season:
1. Air conditioning 101 – Before it gets too hot, check your air conditioner to make sure it is in working condition. Additionally, consider installing ceiling fans to circulate air and potentially lower your electrical bills.
2. Open those windows – Turn off the air conditioner and open the windows to take advantage of the fresh breeze on cooler days.
C21® tip: Make sure your screens are in good condition to keep unwanted insect visitors out!
3. Shades and curtains – Incoming sunlight makes your home hotter. Keep shades and curtains closed when you’re gone for the day. Your home will be cooler and you will be able to turn the A/C down to save money!
4. Vent a little – Ventilate your attic to keep hot air from getting trapped in a confined space.
5. Tend the fields – Don’t forget about your landscaping! Warmer weather means the lawn needs extra care. Use sprinklers to keep your grass hydrated and healthy this season, and plant trees or shrubs around your house to create shade.
6. Outdoor decor – Dust off the patio set and wash outdoor fabrics. If necessary, give your pieces a fresh coat of paint to add a new look.
Our tips will ensure that your home is in the right condition for the summer months ahead, while saving you money!
Would you like to know what your home is worth in this market? We'd be happy to give you a no hassle complimentary Home Evaluation! email@example.com 250-300-4748