230 acres with spectacular ocean views. A mix of marketable timber and growing forest. The property is close to Ladysmith, completely private and would make an ideal off grid estate, investment, or recreational property.
- 230 acres +/-
- excellent road system, 6.4 km of all season, rock based road
- good security, gated access, good access to local trail system
- many view sites, elevation from 700 to 1400 feet
- Forest 1 zoning (50 acre minimum).
- located within the Cowichan Valley Regional District
- recent survey available
- identified for its location, views, sensitive ecosystems, and proximity to trails and urban areas as a Park candidate in recent CVRD Regional Park acquisition Plan.
- 7600 cubic meters of standing timber Fir (cedar, hemlock, pine, arbutus)
- approximately 80 acres of timber, 104 acres of parch and partial cut area and 46 acres of mixed arbutus, pine, fir forest (sensitive ecosystems)
- 20,000 trees (fir and cedar) planted, 3 to 10 years old
- managed as a woodlot (Managed Forest) since 1997
- located on the rocky ridges west of Ladysmith, B.C. and east of Stocking lake
- 15 minutes for the highway via South Watts Road and Banon Creek Forest service road
- part of the E & N land grant
- properties to the south were logged by railway interests Victoria Lumber and Manufacturing Company and timber transported by rail to Chemainus in the 1920’s. Many of these areas have been logged again in the last 20 years.
- properties to the north were logged by Comox Logging and transported north to rail lines accessing Ladysmith probably in the 1930’s and later. Many of these areas have been logged again in the last 20 years.
- the entire property was severely burned in the 1930’s from escaped logging slash fires or from fires from a saw milling and railway logging operation based at what now is Coronation mall.
- property was salvage logged in the 50’s and 60’s for unburnt old growth by Al Webley using cats and truck roads.
- Stocking Lake waterline surveyed in 1921, probably installed before that time.
- the property was held by B.C. Forest Products Ltd. was transferred to Timberwest in the early 1990’s and purchased by the current owner in 1997.
- ID: 276009
- Status: Sold on 6/30/2009
- Property ID: 100520570
- New Construction: No
- Style: Land Investment
- County: Cowichan in Valley Regional District