- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour with soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream margarine, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Fold in flour mixture until just blended. Shape into rolls about 3 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper and chill in refrigerator overnight or until firm.
- Slice rolls 1/8" thick. Make Halloween faces using peanuts, raisins, chocolate or butterscotch chips, or red candies for eyes, nose and mouth. Use colored coconut or chocolate sprinkles for hair.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes.