Buyer Agency Agreement
Mention the word "Buyer Contract" and Buyers get this look on their face and often makes them
feel trapped and worried. The Buyer Agency Agreement, however, is not a contract to be feared.
It is important to understand who your REALTOR® is working for and the Buyer agency
agreement outlines this in writing, making it a legally binding contract. By choosing to work with a
REALTOR® and signing the Buyer Agency Agreement, the Buyer is guaranteed the very best in
real estate service. Any questions about the Buyer Agency Agreement can be answered by a
professional REALTOR® – JUST GIVE ME A CALL !
Do Need a Buyer Agent? Yes You Do!
Most people thing that the biggest investment they make is purchasing a home. It can be very
frustrating and often scary to go this alone. The in's and out's of finding a home and making the
offer can be confusing and cost you more after the purchase if you don't have an Agent that
protects you and your investment.
Most of us think of a Real Estate Agent as someone who only sells homes. But Real Estate Agents
who are 'Buyer Agents' work for you "The Buyer". They are legally responsible to you the "Buyer",
and the best part is the "Seller" is responsible for paying the commission to the "Buyer Agent"
should a home Buyer decide to purchase a home. A "Buyer Agent" doesn't get paid unless you
have found the perfect home and the deal has closed.
Why wouldn't you want someone representing you as a "Buyer's Agent"
The Buyers Agent Works For You and works for your Best Interest
As a Buyer, you have the option to be represented by your own Real Estate Agent, whose loyalty is
to you and your best interests. Your "Buyer Agent" is there to provide a reality check and to handle
the tough negotiations involved to complete the transaction.
How Your "Buyer Agent" Can Help You:
- Is the home you love being offered for the right price in current market conditions.
- Provide you information about the property, including any other offers that might have been
presented, information about the Seller or reason for selling or other pertinent information that
may be helpful that could affect your decision.
- Find homes that may not have been listed yet or that would be perfect based on your criteria and
which ones are just not living up the "The hype."
- The Buyer Agent will search for that perfect house so you don't have to go to house after house
like you were on an egg hunt
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a particular home.
- What is available to you in the neighbourhood. Is this the right area based on you or your families
wants or needs.
- Were the improvements that were made to the home worth the extra money the Sellers's are asking.
- Experience in the current market conditions and can help suggest a proper price to submit your offer.
- Has a list of professionals such as a home inspector or foundation expert, lawyers, mortgage brokers,contractors.
Why a home buyer should not call the "Listing Agent" of a home.
Often when a home buyer sees a for sale sign in front of a home they will call the agent on the sign.
That Real Estate Agent is working for the home Seller and their first interest is to protect the Seller, not you.
Call Diane DeCooman today to help you purchase your dream home. 613-863-7449