Furnance is one of the most important system of any property. As the whether gets colder, effeicitly working furnance is a big relief. Here are few tips to ensure safty and savings.
Schedule regular inspection, cleaning, servicing and tuning-up of your natural gas furnace to ensure it operates safely, reliably, and at peak performance.
The owner’s manual is the best source of maintenance information and operating instructions. A licensed gas contractor should inspect and maintain your gas home heating system. When selecting a contractor, make sure to choose a licensed gas fitter who is experienced at inspecting and servicing your gas appliances for safe operation.
- Schedule maintenance for your furnace as early in the fall as possible, so it’s working as good as new when the cold weather sets in.
- Change or clean filters at least once every three months and keep the fan compartment door tightly closed. Filters are located at or near the blower compartment of the furnace and are held in place by a clip. Filters are very important for maintaining healthy air quality.
- If your furnace has a fan belt, inspect it for cracks or signs of wear (and replace if necessary) at the same time as you change the furnace filters.
- Keep vents and air returns clear of obstructions like furniture, lint, dust or pet hair.
- If your furnace motor has oiling points, apply one or two drops of SAE 20 non-detergent oil every heating season. Avoid over-oiling.
- Keep the area around the furnace clear. Don’t store items against the furnace. Don’t store flammable items in the furnace room.
Tip – When inspecting or changing filters or fan belts, shut off the electricity at the furnace switch and at the circuit breaker panel first.
For More Information Contact Fortis BC or your qualified professional.