Building permits issued in November 2013 totalled $103.8 million according to the City of Regina's monthly report. This is an increae of 60% from the $64.9 million in November 2012.
Of course, non-residential construction accounted for most of the increase. The city has seen a decade of steadily rising building permit values.
Mayor Michael Fougere stated that November was a month of tremendous building activity in the city, especially in the area of hotel, commercial and industrial permits. There is more work on the student residence at the University of Regina, new hotels and new offices on top of strong residential construction - all signs of Regina's vibrant economy.
Permits were issued for:
- Fairfield Inn at 3915 Albert Street in south Regina
- Comfort Suites at 4300 Diefenbaker Drive in northwest Regina
- Interior and exterior work at the University of Regina
- Three multi-family dwellings
- A medical clinic at 3401 Pasqua Street
- An office building at 4545 Parliament Avenue, in Harbour Landing Business Park
The value of the residential projects - including single family dwellings, duplexes and semi-detached dwellings, multi-attached dwellings and apartments - totalled $384.3 million for the first eleven months, compared with $371 million for the same period last year.
If having a new place to call home is in your plan for 2013 contact any of our CENTURY 21 Dome Realty sales representatives - - they would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Click here to browse listings in and around Regina.